The Royal Berks Charity have been chosen as the official charity partners of the upcoming Mapledurham running event on Sunday 15th November. Now in its 6th year, the Mapledurham run offers both 10km and half marathon courses which will take you through a variety of muddy paths, woodland trails, private estate roads and across fields.
Royal Berks Charity has 20 members of staff taking part in this race, all from different departments across the Royal Berkshire Hospital.
Martin Butler, Fundraising Manager, said; “We are thrilled to be chosen as the charity partner for this event and will be with our runners every step of the way as they train and prepare for their run. All runners are actively fundraising for us and their efforts will go a long way to supporting the work of our colleagues at the Royal Berkshire NHS Foundation Trust. Thank you to Mapledurham for choosing us and to our Royal Berks Charity supporter family who are running for us – we will be there to cheer you on!”
If you would like to support the Royal Berks Runners, head to their Just Giving page: www.justgiving.com/campaign/RBCMapledurhamRun
This year the event will have a few changes to ensure everyone’s safety and that the event is safe. This will include:
• Staggered start times with small groups of runners starting at timed intervals apart from the next group
• Faster runners will start first to reduce the likelihood of needing to overtake
• The event will be limited to fewer participants than in previous years
• There will be no “baggage” area – parking is within 400m of the start line
• No on the day entries
• Race numbers will be posted prior to the event
• There will be no water stations – you will need to carry your own water for the event
If you would like to find out more about this event, please contact the Royal Berks Charity team today: firstname.lastname@example.org / 0118 322 6969 / www.royalberkscharity.co.uk