We are working with a company called the wing walking company thoughout 2023 to offer you the chance to see the world from a different perspective!
They have a main base at Headcorn Aerodrome in Kent or weekends available at Wickenby Airfield in Lincolnshire or Compton Abbas Airfield in Salisbury Wiltshire.
About the event
A warm welcome by The Wing Walk Company Team
A 15 minute briefing delivered by our team to demonstrate; how to climb up to the rig, what to expect from your Wing Walk and Health and Safety procedures.
Please allow a minimum of 2 hours between your briefing and completing your Wing Walk
A 10 minute airborne flight
Opportunity to talk to your pilot to tailor your flight to achieve the maximum adrenaline experience or a more relaxed flight
Viewing area for friends and family to come and watch directly in front of the wing walk aircraft, for them to capture the perfect photographs and videos
Option to purchase a recording of your Wing Walk from 2 on-board HD camera’s with Pilot commentary at an additional price of £40
A certificate to confirm the completion of your Wing Walk Experience
Sign up and funding options
A small deposit of £70.00 is payable upon booking
The minimum amount you need to fundraise is £900 (includes wing walk and a contribution to the Royal Berks Charity)
To register your interest in taking part in a Wing Walk please get in touch with our fundraising team for more information: [email protected]
WING WALKING REQUIREMENTS
- The Wing Walker must be aged between 18 – 80 years of age
- The Wing Walker must weigh no more than 85kgs (13st 4lb)
- The Wing Walker must be able to climb up to the rig, situated on the wing of the aeroplane, unassisted
- The Wing Walker must not be under the influence of alcohol or drugs on the day of the flight
- The Wing Walker will be required to sign a declaration of fitness at the briefing
- If the Wing Walker suffers from high blood pressure, epilepsy, fainting, blackouts / dizziness, heart or lung disease you cannot participate. If your medical condition is being managed; you may be able to participate and should discuss this with your GP / Consultant and provide proof of this before you fly.
- If the Wing Walker suffers from drug or alcohol addiction, mental health issues, or are pregnant they will not be able to participate.
- The Wing Walker must be able to withstand the wind pressures experienced while flying at speeds of up to 120mph
- The Wing Walker will need to be available for a 2 hour time slot, from the point of briefing, on the day of their wing walk